Athlete Profile – Trisha Hall

Sunday, April 29, 2012 Stacey Baker 0 Comments


What is your day job? I am a full-time student right now and am getting ready to go down to Zion’s Ponderosa resort to work as a recreation guide over the summer.
How were you introduced to CrossFit? Around the kitchen table, when my brothers Jerry, Phillip and Ricky and my sister-in-law Stephanie all joined. They made it sound fun and painful, so once school was over I finally went with my brother and got addicted.
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? My favorite WOD is the one we are doing tomorrow… another chance to tear up my hands and get stronger. Deadlifts are my favorite lift, I always feel like @!#% after those things!
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? Double unders and barbell work because it always makes me sore and I love that feeling.
How has CrossFit changed your life? Crossfit has changed my life a lot! My hands and arms will never be the same but will always carry the calluses from the bar and welts from my jump rope:) Crossfit helped me become a stronger runner and helped me realize I will never say never or quit again. Before I did crossfit I swore I would never swim, bike, do a pull-up and a million other things because I was afraid I couldn’t do them. Now I see everything as a challenge and an opportunity to get stronger if I put in the work.
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? I keep coming back because crossfit is hard! I look at a WOD and I get nervous and wonder ‘how am I going to do this?’ But then I go and do it! Even if I have to scale it, the feeling of accomplishment after a WOD it is priceless! And I love that the people there have my back every time I step foot in the box.
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started CrossFit? Going to crossfit doesn’t justify those cookies.
One word to describe me would be… Determined
I have always wanted… To find El Dorado
Outside of the gym, I like to… Read sappy romance novels, try new cooking

Three things you would always find in my fridge…
Broccoli, Hummas and tortilla experiments (one day I will find a healthy cookie that tastes delicious!), find new running trails, go dancing, play with my family and friends, and find new adventures. I’m pretty much up for anything.
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me…
My secret ambition is to be a mermaid.
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… Running and Dancing
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley… Anywhere with a salad bar and hot sauce
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… Angry girl music, I love when someone breaks up with a famous person because awesome music is always the result! Case in point Kelly Clarkson’s new album.
The last thing I ate was… Watermelon… the amount will remain confidential
My proudest accomplishment is… Being a member of the Hall clan of Crossfit Iota:) And small things such as graduating with a BS from USU
My six month goal is… To get fast enough to beat Ricky at running, just once!
My favorite workout attire is… Down East shirt, shorts and my bright red Inov-8′s
My favorite workout partner(s)… Everyone at the 4/5/6 pm classes! they are all so fun and push me to do better, go faster or lift more because I can’t be looking like weakling.

If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be?

1000 M row
13 min AMRAP
5 deadlifts
15 wallballs
25 double unders
25 sit-ups

0 comments :