Kipping Pull-Ups

Thursday, September 29, 2011 Stacey Baker 2 Comments

Ok...it's time to pick on another "girl.  How about... oh, I know...how about FRAN!
21-15-9
Thrusters 95#
Pull-ups
-for time-
Nothing can prepare you for how Fran makes you feel.  It's by far the most
 intense of the Crossfit workouts that I have encountered.  She is a beast and
make no mistake.  In some respects, each time gets harder because I know what
 effect it will have on my body...and that makes me quite apprehensive.
Still, the sense of acheivement is worth it.   As Igo back through my notes of
 workouts, the first time I Rx'd Fran, Feb. of 2010, my time was 12:18.  My latest
 PR on Fran was 5:29.  I'm pretty happy with that time...for the moment.  I'll be
 elated when I can get a sub 4 minute time.  Lol!, If only it were that easy.
That being said, here are 2 videos that do a great job on teaching the techniques of
 the kipping pull-ups.  Be sure to speak up and ask any of the coaches for suggestions
 towards getting the kipping pull-ups.
  And don't be intimidated by Fran...she's just a "GIRL". :0)




Aren't these athletes just incredible?



2 comments :

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the
    hang of it!

    my blog post crash diets That work

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 07, 2013

    Next, you produce a fairly wild declare. That totally
    free amenities that provide possibilities for those that can't pay for them on their very own does not improve things, if I comprehended correctly?. . Just how can you? make this declare? Where is your documentation? Are you able to demonstrate any illustrations of where free (higher end) schooling, or health care did not outcome in improvements?

    Feel free to visit my page :: pheromones to attract woman

    ReplyDelete