Athlete Profile – Stacey Clark

Saturday, May 19, 2012 Stacey Baker 0 Comments



Post settingsTells us about yourself… I am a cache valley native! Grew up in the big town of Lewiston. The middle child! (Yes feel sorry for me)I have two older siblings Rob and Amy and two younger Christina and Shelly. After I got married I moved UP to Clarkston. Brian and I have three handsome BOYS.. Colton-16, Dillon-11, Payton-8. They are all “momma’s boys”!What’s your day job? I am the office manager for Dr. Brett Skinner, he is a Dentist in Logan. I have worked for him almost 10 years! I love what I do, we have great patients, and an incredible staff! If you need a great Dentist… I can hook you up!
How where you introduced to CrossFit? DUH… the one and ONLY CP AKA Christina Palmer.. Man I love that women!
What’s your favorite WOD or Lift? Can’t think of a favorite! If you asked me what I hated.. Heck I would have a LONG list.. I like to run, so I am happy to see running during a WOD. Filthy 50 was my VERY first RX and DANG was that an exciting day!
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? Who doesn’t love getting there pull ups and double unders! Of course mine aren’t perfect, and they come and go a LOT. But it’s just exciting to improve and FINISH! There is always something to work on, I have to be careful not to worry about the “white” board. Focus on the movements and in time the weight will come!
How has CrossFit changed your life? I love the accomplishment of finishing a super hard WOD. I love it when you finished the workout and in the middle you thought and told yourself I “can’t”, I’m not going to be able to finish! And you DO!! You Finish! That has helped me outside of crossfit to push past that TUFF times. You CAN do it… YES you Can just don’t give up! Just keep moving!
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? The people! The people. THE PEOPLE.. It’s so amazing! It doesn’t matter what class I hit, SOMEONE knows me and cheers me on! I love that! I love the encouragement. So I love to encourage! My favorite is to come on Friday’s when I don’t work and stay for hours.. just watching and cheering everyone on! It’s good times and I’m good and loud! Everyone knows the “rush” you get when your done! It’s hard to explain. You can’t explain it to anyone that hasn’t experienced it. And I’ll be honest I didn’t “love” it the first few weeks. It wasn’t until I actually started meeting people that I started loving it! Guess it’s just me! But crossfit is hard work. It’s not easy, takes dedication and motivation, but it’s very rewarding!
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started CrossFit?
Your gonna have man hands! Bruises all the time. AND It NEVER get’s easy and your always sore!
One word to describe me would be… Enthusiastic
I have always wanted… to be rich and famous!
Outside of the gym, I like to… Be with My family.. camping, shooting archery, I don’t hunt but I love to shoot. Love to spend time with my friends shopping, always need a good shopping trip! My sisters and I are all very close, we love to spend time together they all run and bike which makes it fun! Love the Sunday afternoon BBQ’s at my moms!
Three things you would always find in my fridge… Milk, Bread, Eggs
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I am a twin, My Identical twin sister Stephany only lived 10 days.
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… I love to run and bike, someday I would like to learn to swim so I can chalk up a tri.
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley … Cafe Sabor, or Cafe Rio
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… Katie Perry ET, Pink- So What, The Ting Ting- That’s not my name…
The last thing I ate was… Junior mints
My proudest accomplishment is… My boys.. and it will be an accomplishment if I make it through theses teenage years.
My six month goal is… Run farther faster, bike farther faster and get my FREAKING push ups!
My favorite workout attire is… anything PINK.. I might have a small pink problem! Oh and I LOVE it when I forget my shoes and I get to wear my Mary Janes to run and do kettle bell swings! Boom Baby!
My favorite workout partner(s)… I have some pretty great people who I call my friends.. Dacie, Brook, Habb aka BH #1, Daryl aka BH #2, Holly Corbridge. Everyone is so great! It really like to work out with everyone! I don’t have any problem finding someone to talk to! But I love the 4:30 class! Friday 9 am class is pretty great too! Thanks to everyone who pushes and helps when.. your all great!
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be?
4 times
400 meter run
10- Dumb bell push press
20- sit ups
10- ring dips
finish with max set push ups – just because I need practice!

0 comments :