Athlete Profile – Heidi Benson

Sunday, April 08, 2012 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

 

Tell us about yourself... I grew up in Smithfield. I have been married for 6 years in June. I love animals, love to cook and I am starting to love mornings!
What is your day job? I work at Cache Valley Oxygen doing medical billing.
How where you introduced to Crossfit? My best friend told me how great it was and that I needed to come try it with her. I went my first time did the warm up and thought wow that wasn’t so bad then Paul was like ok time to start and I though t I was going to die afterward!
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? My favorite lift would have to be dead lift. I really like WOD’s that make you feel like you’re are going to puke, pass out or cry afterward.
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at Crossfit IoTA? I would say that my favorite would be Burpees….just kidding I love box jumps and the clean & press with the kettle bell.
How has Crossfit changed your life? I get excited to go work out and love pushing myself to do better not just with working out but with everything in my life. I feel more energized and just more positive about life!
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? Seeing the progress that I have made, it’s like my escape for an hour to just do me and let out my frustrations in the workout and of course my six o’clock girls!
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started Crossfit? That Paul will hunt you down and make you feel really guilty if you stop going hahaha O and of course how eating clean makes a world of difference in your workouts and your results.
One word to describe me would be… Smart Ass!
I have always wanted… To take a train through the country and take road trips all over taking all the back roads to see as much country as possible.
Outside of the gym, I like to… Not make plans to just do whatever comes. I love to spend time with my family and my pets, working with my horse, camping and just being at home working around my house.
Three things you’ll always find in my fridge… Eggs, cottage cheese and salsa.
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I participate in Mountain Men Rendezvous and I love canning & crocheting!
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… Dance
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley… Gia’s & Juniper Take Out
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… 80’s butt rock.
The last thing I ate was… A hot dog.
My proudest accomplishment is… Going back to school.
My six month goal is… To be able to run the TOU half marathon and to keep working on my eating.
My favorite workout attire is… Work out pants and a t-shirt.
My favorite workout partner(s)… Cerissa, Saundra, Angie and Becca
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be?
5x
Box Jumps
Clean & Press with kettle bell
Walking lunges
Pull ups
Dead lift
Each movement one minute then rest one minute
Posted in Athlete Profiles|Leave a comment

0 comments :