Crossfit women...strong..confident...beautiful

Monday, April 09, 2012 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

       
“Do your best, and be a little better than you are.” Gordon B. Hinckley
 

Can I just say that I am constantly amazed by the women of CrossFit!  Yes...I am talking to you!  You know what hard work is yet you still come willingly.  You push yourself harder than most men I know.
You are more than an employee, a boss, chef, chaufer, referee, cheif bottle washer (...this could go on forever.lol).  You are STRONG, CONFIDENT and BEAUTIFUL.  
 Strong.  I'm not talking just physically.  You have a mental toughness that pulls you up and over every hardship you encounter in your life. You know what pain is.  I might even go as far as to say ..you love it?.  You have made friends with many levels of pain and discomfort that most people will never experience. 
 Confidence has become second nature.  You are willing to try new things.  And even if you fail, you try again and again.  You acheive what my seem impossible to others by never giving up.You have learned that you CAN and WILL go after the things in life that you want. 
Beauty is more than great hair and a perfect body.  In fact, YOU have changed what beautiful means to many men, and more importantly, to little girls everywhere.  Beauty is now more about what you can do and how you do it...not the size of pants you wear.
You are the reason that I love to CrossFit!  You inspire me to be the BEST me!   Your example and dedication provide great role models to women of all ages and back grounds.  You have shown many, like me, who have no athletic background that they can reach more and achieve more than they ever imagined, no matter when in life they decide to get started. 
All of you deserve to be extremely proud of yourselves.  Whether your Fran time is 3:30 or 15:50...You have put in so much work and have pushed and kept going, even on days when you were tired, sad, or feeling defeated.
...Did I mention you inspire me?
                                                                                 
 
        
        

0 comments :