Athlete Profile – Michelle Rogers

Saturday, March 03, 2012 Stacey Baker 1 Comments

 

Tell us about yourself…. I’ve been married to a cute man for 21 years I have 4 kids 18,15,12, and 9. I love people and having fun.
What is your day job? I’m a mom. I teach jump rope at an elementary and middle school. I also sub for the elementary school and I take care of apartments and I’m renting some really cute apartments right now that are brand new in Smithfield.
How were you introduced to CrossFit? Friends told me about it and now I’m hooked.
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? Something with jump roping and sit ups push ups.
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? Pull ups I’m working on double unders
How has CrossFit changed your life? A lot! I have had pain all over my body for a while. Even though I would work out all the time the pain never went away, but with CrossFit the pain has gone away for the first time in a long time I have no back pain at all and no pain any where else. Amazing hu! It feells so much better. Having help with the diet even made things better. I can’t believe the changes.
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? I’m much stronger than I’ve ever been and all the fun people that are there, they motivate me so much and they are so much fun. Did I mention I’m not hurting all the time!
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started CrossFit? Measure, Measure, Measure, and you totally feel bad when you don’t go.
One word to describe me would be… A little loud
I have always wanted… Be taller- Go to Africa and help those in need
Outside of the gym, I like to… Swim. bike, run, eat etc….
Three things you would always find in my fridge… Milk, eggs, cheese
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I’m over 5 feet tall (average size of course). I’m the greeter at an elementary school I totally love it. I get tons of hugs and high fives it’s the best.
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… Anything with my family I love when my kids are out of school.
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley … Juniper take out is good, Texas road house has a great food too
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… 80′s music is great I’m not that picky
The last thing I ate was… chicken, carrots and apple
My proudest accomplishment is… My kids! They are truly amazing. I hope one day I can be like them.
My six month goal is… To keep becoming stronger and to get a little taller would be nice
My favorite workout attire is… anything that covers my body and doesn’t smell
My favorite workout partner(s)… 5:15am crew is totally awesome they are so much fun. They make me laugh and they are nice to me. Also I do like the 6:15am crew they are fun. Thanks to Paul and Stacy too they have helped me a ton. Thanks guys for putting up with me.
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be? Something with jump roping, sit ups ,squats, push ups maybe resting for a little while (just kidding Paul).
Posted in Athlete Profiles, CFI Athletes|Leave a comment

1 comment :

  1. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you so much, However I am going through troubles with your RSS.
    I don't understand the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anybody else getting similar RSS issues? Anyone that knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!!
    Visit my homepage - grumpy cat

    ReplyDelete