Athlete Profile- Jenni Esparza

Saturday, March 31, 2012 Crissfitgirl 0 Comments




Tell us about yourself…. I’m the youngest girl in a family of seven sandwiched in between two boys! I grew up competeing with them in all sports always loved the satisfactions of beat them! Haha.. I’ve been married to for 15 years to my husband Lloyd and together we have 4 kids. Rylie,15. Payton,11. Chloe,9 and my baby Ethan,5. We live in Hyrum..
What is your day job? I’m a stay at home mother of 4!
How were you introduced to CrossFit? A good friend of mine who I grew up with opened a box and knew I would love it! She was RIGHT! I’ve been addicted ever since!
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? ‘KAREN’ – 150 Wallballs for time!
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? The technicalities of the lifts.. and to just to keep moving!
How has CrossFit changed your life? It’s given me self confidence. I grew up playing high school sports and competing this feels that void I have had since I became a mother… you could say this is my therapy!
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? I’d like to say it’s the thrill of the WOD, but to be honest, at IoTA it’s the people… They are amazing! They push me each and every wod!
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started CrossFit? That your hands are going to become MAN hands! Honestly, there proof of how tough I have become!
One word to describe me would be… Timid
I have always wanted… to be a Millionaire. LOL
Outside of the gym, I like to… spend time with family and friends eating, shopping, and just chillaxin!
Three things you would always find in my fridge… milk, butter, and eggs! In the cupboards is a whole different story!!
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I’ve never had a legitimate job out side of the home..
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… Shopping.. takes a lot a muscle to tote all those shopping bags!!
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley … Too many to just pick one.. sooo.. ColdStone it is! Ha ha
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… Anything with a quick beat! Paul is a great DJ!
The last thing I ate was… oatmeal with syrup and blueberries..
My proudest accomplishment is… My beautiful and amazing Kids!.
My six month goal is… To have a FREAKING muscle up!!! Oh, and to be stronger, better,and faster!
My favorite workout attire is… My Lulu’s and a tank top!
My favorite workout partner(s)… Love Paul, and Steph! They make me work HARD! But in general anyone who makes me push to be better then the wod before!
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be?‘Jenni’4x20 wallballs20 box jumps20 push press

0 comments :