Athlete Profile – Melissa Feser

Sunday, February 05, 2012 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

Posted on by

Tell us about yourself…. I grew up in Hyde Park and now live in Smithfield. I married my sweet husband Justin 5 years ago. We have two wonderful kids Ava-3 and Elliott-17 months. Ava loves coming to CrossFit. She often wakes me up at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning and says, “Mom, it’s time for us to go to the gym.” Usually I can get her to go back to sleep, if not she comes with me. I have been CrossFitting for 6 months now and love it.
What is your day job? I am an RN for Access Home Care and Hospice

How were you introduced to CrossFit? I have a couple of friends that do CrossFit in Logan and love it. I looked up CrossFit online and found IoTA here in Smithfield and came down that Saturday and have been hooked since.
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? Favorite WOD probably Fight Gone Bad. I’m a whimp so I’m not big into lifting.
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? Pullups.
How has CrossFit changed your life? Everything about CrossFit is so positive I love starting my day there.
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? I have so much room for improvement and so many skills/movements to learn. I keep coming back because I am addicted.
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started CrossFit? I wish I had known sooner about the Pull-up workouts on the back board.
One word to describe me would be… Determined
I have always wanted… travel to exotic places.
Outside of the gym, I like to… hang out with my family, run and bake.
Three things you would always find in my fridge… milk, eggs, cheese.
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I drove forklift at night for 5 years while I went to school.
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… running
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley… don’t really have one. Maybe Coldstone- I love Ice Cream!!
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… Anything fast.
The last thing I ate was… Oatmeal with peanut butter and milk.
My proudest accomplishment is… my kiddos.
My six month goal is… Get my husband to try CrossFit.
My favorite workout attire is… anything DriFit. I am a Nike junkie.
My favorite workout partner(s)… haven’t found anyone I don’t like working out with but love my 6:15 group, Sue and Ronnie thanks for pushing me, Gayle, Chris and Kyle G you guys inspire me.
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be?
15 min AMRAP
10 Pull-ups
15 Burpees
20 KB clean and jerks
25 Box jumps

0 comments :