Athlete Profile – Charri Hugo

Saturday, August 20, 2011 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

 

Tell us about yourself…. I am married to Robert Hugo and have two great boys ages 13 and 11. We have lived in Richmond UT for about 13 years.
What is your day job? I work at Birch Creek Elementary School as a behavior aide.
How were you introduced to CrossFit? My sister, Kristi Berryhill was always talking about this great new excersise class that she was going to. She kept telling me that I had to try it. I was scared to try it because she was always so sore but I tried it once and was hooked!
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? I’m just excited that I can do the workouts and live! I may not be standing and the end but at least I’m still breathing. (I think)
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? Pretty much anything. I never thought that I would be able to do most of the things that we do every day.
How has CrossFit changed your life? My family has a history of diabeties and I’m borderline diabetic so CrossFit has helped me be to more healthy. I knew I needed to do someting drastic and CrossFit was just the thing! Paul has helped me learn to eat better and how to be a healthier person all around. I knew after the first day I attended that this was something like I had never experienced before.
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? I love the people at Crossfit! It does not matter what time of the day that you attend the comaraderie is there. Failure is not an option!
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started CrossFit? This will be the biggest love/hate relationship that you have ever had in your life!
One word to describe me would be… Dependable
I have always wanted…Travel around the world or to do a pull up. I think traveling around the world may happen first.
Outside of the gym, I like to… Spend time with my family, travel, and read a good book.
Three things you would always find in my fridge… Salsa, eggs, and cheese.
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I can’t do box jumps on a box! It has to be a stack of round weights. Some might say that it is in my head but I think it is a totally rational idea. With round weights there is not as big of an edge to catch your toes on.
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… Anything upbeat and fast. I really like the 80′s rock songs!
The last thing I ate was… Freshly picked raspberries.
My proudest accomplishment is… My children.
My favorite workout partner(s)… Like I said before, it really does not matter who you work out with there at the box no one lets anyone fail! I love working out with my sister Kristi Beryhill, my nephew Geoffrey Berryhill, or my kids Colton and Tanner. Colton and Tanner have be doing Crossfit with me for the summer and at first they thought they may die but they have loved it! They just started football and are amazed at how much better conditioning is going! They hate conditioning every year but this year they are thinking that it is much easier due to their crossfit training. I think that crossfit is amazing but it would not be amazing without the best trainer ever! Thank you to Paul and everyone else for helping all of us have a better quality of life because we are all healthier.

0 comments :