Athlete Profile - Rachel Erickson

Saturday, April 21, 2012 Crissfitgirl 0 Comments

Posted on April 21, 2012by
What is your day job?Mom of three boys, 9, 7, and 4.
How were you introduced to CrossFit? My friend Amanda Wheatley invited me to go with her to the Logan Box. After a couple of times I was hooked but wanted something closer to home and luckily I found IOTA.
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? My favorite lift would have to be the dead lift, mostly because it’s the lift where I feel like I can actually handle a little weight.
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? I would have to say pull-ups since they have basically saved my life. After a WOD we recently did with 100 pull-ups, I noticed a lump that ended up being diagnosed as Invasive Breast Cancer. Without being sore from the pull-ups I probably wouldn’t have noticed it for a long time to come.
How has CrossFit changed your life? I started coming to CrossFit exactly two weeks after having a tiny still born baby boy. I was not in a very good space physically or emotionally. CrossFit helped me heal and then transformed me into something better than I ever was before. Now as I am waiting to find out how cancer will change my life, I can feel that having had this time to train and to learn strength, balance, and most of all endurance is going to make all the difference. It is honestly amazing to me how CrossFit IOTA has changed my life for the better.
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? Added energy, endorphins; and some new muscle definition doesn’t hurt either.
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started CrossFit? That the WOD’s are only part of the picture, the experience can be more than just a great workout. It is what you put into it.
One word to describe me would be… I can’t think of one but my husband says ambitious…
I have always wanted… To travel the world.
Outside of the gym, I like to… Read, cook, redecorate my house, and spend time with my family.
Three things you would always find in my fridge… Adams chunky peanut butter, soymilk, and Thai Red Curry Paste.
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I used to sing opera, “professionally.”
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… Anything with water in it, snorkeling, water skiing, surfing etc.
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley … La Tormenta.
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… NOT Bat out of Hell. I really like the music and the flashing lights and disco ball that go with it at Zumba.
The last thing I ate was… A sinful piece of dark chocolate torte. Since it doesn’t have flour it’s approved right?
My proudest accomplishment is… I have been lucky enough to marry my amazing husband, and we have three sweet boys that make me proud every day.
My six month goal is… To be healthy, and able to come get in a WOD at least few times a week.
My favorite workout attire is… T-shirt and Capri’s.
My favorite workout partner(s)… Everyone I have met at IOTA has been so amazing. I used to be the girl at the gym who wouldn’t look at or talk to anyone unless I had to. Yes, really. Thanks everyone, for making that difference for me.
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be?The one with jump rope (double unders) and sit ups. I love that one!

0 comments :