Athlete Profile – Angie Belnap

Saturday, March 17, 2012 Stacey Baker 0 Comments


Tell us about yourself…. Hubby (Dave) and I moved from Northern Idaho to Utah in 2003. I taught school (3rd Grade) for 7 years and was a parent educator for 2 years. We have 3 children. Jayce is 9, Hannah is 5, and Ian just turned 1!
What is your day job? Mommy/ part time child care provider
How were you introduced to CrossFit? Daeci Burr and Mindy Anderson… I came for the 3 free times so I could show them that I would hate it and they didn’t have to invite me anymore. Been coming ever since!
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? Love the Tabata WOD’s
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? I’ve thought about this Forever… the answer… none, they are all too d@%# hard! I’ve always love sit ups and love them even more the way CF does them. My back/neck used to hurt if I did too many and with the Ab Mat I feel like I only use my abs without straining my back/neck.
How has CrossFit changed your life? It has been a love/hate relationship. Some days I feel really old! Some days I dread going and then leave loving it. It has taught me that I can do things I never thought possible. I’ve ignored my physical self for so long that I have a lot of catching up to do. The time it takes to get back into shape is the “hate” part, the process is the “love” part. Seeing others at the box make improvements (ie, learn to do pull ups, toe to bar, double unders, etc) is so motivating and exciting. It’s nice to have a part of my day where I’m not just focused on changing diapers and running kids around!
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? Honestly, I’d love to be one of those tough women who say “the workouts”, but it is the friends I’ve made at CF that keep me coming back. I love going in to workout, gripe about the workouts, swear (on occasion), and laugh with all my new/old friends!
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started CrossFit? I’m sure someone said it to me, but I didn’t process it completely… Results Take Time. I thought I’d go for a couple of months and instantly be back to my skinny self. Been going for almost 8 months and that skinny self is still trying to emerge! Now I can add strength to my goals and not just skinny!
One word to describe me would be… Spit-Fire (so says the hubby)
I have always wanted… to visit Australia
Outside of the gym, I like to… read (LOVE my book club), take my kids to fun activities (swimming lessons, gymnastics, storytimes…), go out with friends, watch movies with the family
Three things you would always find in my fridge… milk, eggs, cheese
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I’ve always wanted a frog tattoo
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… Volleyball
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley … Eating out in general is my Fav, but I really love the pork salad at Cafe Rio
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… No clue what the title is, but Paul plays it a lot and its hilarious… “I Workout… I’m Sexy and I know it”… something along those lines!
The last thing I ate was… Shredded Wheat
My proudest accomplishment is… My family! Building our family has been an amazing journey. My children have wonderful birth families who have blessed our lives more than words can describe. The relationships I have with my immediate family and my children’s birth families is something I cherish and find most satisfaction from in my day-to-day life.
My six month goal is… Be able to run the TOU Half Marathon without dying
My favorite workout attire is… Capri workout pants/Tshirt
My favorite workout partner(s)… My sister, Cerissa! Love that she has joined. Also, Mindy, Julie, Lacee, Shaley, Steph (hate it when you count to 5 when I’m resting and force me to use the blue band – lol), Saundra, Becca, Jen, Heidi… Oh my, the list could go on. Love all of you!!
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be? I already have one named after me :) !
Angie
100 pull ups
100 push ups
100 sit ups
100 squats
For time!

0 comments :