CROSSFIT: The Six Degrees of Soreness
As you all know by now, I love things that make fun of me/us/CrossFitters because... for the most part... we are a little bit over the top.
I was thinking about that and feeling sore while getting dressed this morning and this just popped into my head:
A new subjective "SOCK" scale for CrossFit-caused soreness
- You can put your socks on while standing up; balance and range of motion (ROM) are not a problem
- You attempt to put your socks on standing up, but lose your balance and have to sit down to do it
- You slowly and gently sit down because it isn’t happening otherwise
- You lie down and slowly pull your foot close enough to get your socks on
- “Honey, will you please put my socks on for me?”
- You don’t put your socks on because you can’t get out of bed anyway
So there it is. I’m a 1-2 today.