Not so sweet CINDY

Friday, October 28, 2011 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

It's Friday...which is benchmark day at IOTA.
CINDY
20 min AMRAP
5 pullups
10 push ups
15 squats
I was completely speechless after watching the 5:30 am class today.
  Before the WOD, Coach Paul demonstrated the games standard movements.  I challenged 6 women in the group to try at least 2 real push ups each round  (before doing them from their knees).  Some were asked to try their pull ups with a smallert band, less resistance.  And I asked that all of them to use a wallball to reach the proper depth of the squat.  They didn't fnish first, they weren't even fast...
But every one of them did the work! 
They didchest to floor push ups!
Every squat was to the ball!
Chins over the bar on EVERY pull up!
I couldn't have been any more proud....In fact, as I reflect upon my Crossfit experience today, it's not my score that I will remember.  I will remember today as a day that the women of Crossfit Iota got a taste of what it is to be strong,competetive,and driven athletes.  There is no turning back now. 
They were asked to lay it all on the line and they did!
Thank You for letting me share this day with you!


PS  Habb Wells did 30 rounds of Cindy in 20 min!  You Habb are a ROCKSTAR!

0 comments :