CROSSFIT: MY LIFE-LONG FRIEND

Thursday, October 27, 2011 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

Just like any relationship, your commitment to you workouts needs your full attention.
When it comes to friendships, chances are you're more than willing to put in the work necessary to sustain those that are a vital part of your life. Just to get some face time, neither you nor I would mind reshuffling and already packed schedule and would understand why last-minute plans need to be changed. 
 Over the years I have learned that when someone is especially important in my life, I find a way to make them a priority.  But it's not just people who deserve such attention.  You see, when I finally began to view the "box" as a friend, one that I deserved my time with, I managed to get there with more consistently. And as you all know , consistentency in trainig,( not to mention nutrition and recovery) is what leads to improvements.
 
When you first become acquainted to the box, it's important to define your expectations.  You don't want to find yourself in the position of making excuses or feeling disappointed when, after a few weeks, you lose your enthusiasm.  What are your goals exactly?  Do you need help with your nutrition?  Are you willing to lay it all down at each wod?  It's important to assess what it is that you want from CrossFit.
 
Having clearly defined goals, you won't set yourself  up for failure.
 
In the not so distant past I have let my dedication to my workouts slide.  I have made excuses to be unavailable or too busy.   You see the WOD's are not just physical for me.  They affect my emotional disposition too.  The mental strength I gain from pushing my self  as hard as I can, when I feel like I can't even do one more rep is very liberating.
 
So here it is, in black and white, no more missed wods, no more dumb excuses, no more justifing what goes in my mouth.....
CrossFit is my friend, I will make the time and devaote myself to my friend.
SO GIRLS...GET YOUR GAME ON....THERE'S A WOD WAITING FOR US!

0 comments :