Athlete Profile – Val Barry

Saturday, December 18, 2010 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

Athlete Profile – Val Barry

Tell us about yourself…. I am the mother of 4 cute kiddos and married to the best catch around (he even cleans toilets for me :) ) I love designing homes for friends, family, a few others who hire me and us too (although we are never moving again, so now we are out). Its kind of my side job, but mostly I do it for a creative outlet.
What is your day job? Chef, maid, tutor, chauffeur, therapist, referee. . . you get the idea.
How were you introduced to CrossFit? We live by Paul and Brett. When Doug started coming to crossfit, I decided I had to try it too.
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? Annie
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? FLOOR WIPERS. I think they are fabulous!
How has CrossFit changed your life? I actually think it’s easier to get the car seat in and out of the car now. I also get a lot more done during the day since I’m done working out by 6:30 am!
One word to describe me would be… detailed
I would love to be able to… lay around in the Caribbean sun and snorkel, swim and hike with my husband every day!
Three things you would always find in my fridge… Besides the condiments that Doug mentioned… if we have food I always keep eggs, milk, and spinach stocked.
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me is… I actually have the worst long term memory and so I hate thinking of things to say about myself. I’m pretty much an open book and can’t keep secrets about myself.
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… pilates and Jazzercise ( yea don’t make fun of me, jazzercise is actually an awesome workout ) I also love to hike.
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley… Cafe Sabor. I could eat there every day.
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… Its hard to be specific I love classic rock (i don’t mean from the 80′s), R&B, Rock, Pop, even some slower ballads can get me pumped if I love the song. Anything but techno/dance
The last thing I ate was… great I just ate sour peach candies and a cupcake and now you all know. I did have salad before that.
My proudest accomplishment is… training for and running a marathon. I am not a natural runner, I really have to work at it.
If I could have ANYBODY (living or dead) over for dinner, it would be… My Family. They are the best.
My favorite workout attire is… yoga pants and a tank top. Anything that won’t make me too hot while working out, I really hate that.
My favorite workout partner is…Doug, (as long as I’m not running with him) but we have to take turns with the kids so we never get to work out at the same time. I also love all the crazy 5:30 am people. You guys are awesome and motivate me to be better every day.
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be? It would consist of Floor Wipers, double unders, rowing, sit ups, push ups, and maybe 2 burpees between each movement ( I really hate them in excess!!)

0 comments :