Athlete Profile – Nancy Coburn

Sunday, November 14, 2010 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

Athlete Profile – Nancy Coburn


What is your day job? I am a stay at home Mom for 3 kids
How were you introduced to CrossFit? Allison told me how sore she was after going to this place called Iota, and I wanted a challenge.
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? You all might think I am crazy but I loved fight gone bad.
What is your favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? push press
How has CrossFit changed your life? It has shown me the potential my body can have.
One word to describe me would be… Driven
I have always wanted… To travel the world one country at a time.
Outside of the gym, I like to… Spend time with my family
Three things you would always find in my fridge… milk, cheese, eggs
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I’m number 10 of eleven kids
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… walking with friends, or anything that involves my kids
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley… my mom’s kitchen
Song(s) that gets me pumped up for a workout… Double Vision by 3Oh!3, or Animal by Neon Trees
The last thing I ate was… ham lunch meat with zucchini relish, 9 almonds, and an apple
My proudest accomplishment is… my family
My six month goal is… do more WODs RX
If I could have ANYBODY (living or dead) over for dinner, it would be… my grandma Ruth (dad’s mom)
My favorite workout attire is… baggy capris, and a T-shirt
My favorite workout partner(s)… Steph, Allison, Stacy, Michelle, and all who help push me to finish
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be? There is one that already has my name but I don’t like overhead squats so here is a new
Nancy aka “Coburn”
800 Meter run
25 sit ups with medicine ball
20 push press
15 pull ups
25 sit ups with medicine ball
20 push press
15 pull ups
400 Meter run
Nancy’s got MOXY!  She’s never been one to hold back and I appreciate her ability to dig in and work hard.  Nancy always puts forth a great effort.  Nancy’s capacity to complete work and increase the loads she moves has been incredible.  She is one tough gal that gives our mornings a great flavor and positive attitude. – Coach Paul 

0 comments :