Good score or Integrity?

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 Crissfitgirl 0 Comments

I talked sith a few athletes today and could feel some frustration with scores on the board.
Ok...we all know the type.  You know, the guy or the girl at the gym who always has the fastest time. The person whos score is  better than the best athletes you know.  The person the time that is completely ridiculous?
At first this used to drive me CRAZY!  I wanted to call them out on it.   Thats when it hit me.
Does there score really matter?
Does their score affect my workout?
Did it make me sweat less?
Did it changed how hard I worked?

It doesn't affect me and it doesn't affect you!
I want you to have integrity and count your reps honestly.
I want you to work your hardest.
I want you to move to the best of your ability.
I want you to leave the box feeling accomplished and worn out.
Do you really think I care if you are the fastest?  I don't!
  How do you know if you are improving if you aren't counting correctly?
It DOES NOT MATTER what anyone else has on the white board.
It's YOU vs YOU.
And maybe if people know you respect them and care about them , they won't feel the need to embelish their accomplishments. 
Because at the the end of the day, isn't it all about being a better person.... working and completing hard things? 
And maybe, just maybe...your example of integrity may just rub off.
Wouldn't that be amazing!?!





0 comments :