Stacey's "How to Avoid Falling Off The Wagon"

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

Now that the nutrition challenge is in the rear view mirror...what happens now?  Here some of the pitfalls I encountered along my way.
Here are the 8 biggest reasons I tend to fall off the wagon with new eating habbits.
1.NO FOCUS:  I didn't set goals...I didn't put my goals in writing and I didn't keep my goals in mind everyday (by reading them, affirming them, mentally picturing them).
2.  NO PRIORITIES:  I may have set a goal...but I didn't make it a priority.  So my goal was to get a 6-pack, but I still went to McDonalds for lunch...My eating-out was a greater priority than a flat stomaach.
3.  NO SUPPORT SYSTEM:  I tried to go it alone.  No buddy system, family, spouse, coaches to turn to for information and emotional support when things got tough.
4.  NO ACCOUNTABILITY:  I didn't track my food, my workouts, my measurements.  I didn't  tell anyone...so I didn't report to anyone and have to show them my results.
5.   NO PATIENCE:  I was only thinking short term...and that's unrealistic. I expected 10 lbs. a week or 5 lbs a week or 3 lbs a week, so I "only" lost 1-2 lbs a week or hit a plateau...and I would give up.
6.NO PLANNING: I winged it.  I walked into a gym, without a plan, without a nutrition strategey, without a weekly plan to workout daily....I just didn't make the time ( I did make excuses, I don't have time, I was in a hurry, there was nothing good to eat, etc).
7.  NO BALANCE:  My diet and training plan was too extreme.  I went all or nothing.  The "I want it now" route instead of the moderate, slow-and-steady pace wins the race route.
8.  NO PERSONALIZATION:  My nutrition and training was someone elses "miracle diet".  It may have worked for my neighbor, but it didn't fit my schedule, my personality, my disposition, my appetite, my life.
So there it is in black and white,  8 mistakes that caused me to fail time and time again.  But that was then and this is now!
Focus, prioritize, get support, be accountable, be patient, plan, balance and personalize.....hmmmm....I wonder where a girl could find all of those...hmmmmm....I know...at Crossfit Iota!  For accountability and support, there is no better community like ours.

0 comments :