CrossFit Focus

Friday, February 17, 2012 Crissfitgirl 0 Comments

Have you ever noticed HOW you are thinking when you are happiest? Chances are you were focused in thought... zeroing in on ONE thing… like a funny movie, sex… or a workout. And if this is the case for you, you are not alone. As it turns out... researchers have found that people are happiest when their minds are not wandering. They are single-minded, focused on one thing and one thing only. (When the Mind Wanders, Happiness Also Strays from the NY Times)


So how does this relate to CrossFit you ask? For me, the harder and more skill based the workout, the more mental focus and energy it requires, and the happier I am as a result.

I remember being bored, and completely unsatisfied with workouts back in my Globo
Gym days (I won't mention names) … doing 3 sets of 10 for back, bi's and tri's and then hitting the treadmill while reading a book or watching some TV talking about something boring, and needing my mind to wander just to keep it interesting. Do you remember having that sort of Globo Gym experience?

For me, it’s no surprise that CrossFit, in spite of it’s challenge and difficulty, ultimately brings me happiness. It is the one time of the day when I literally have to shut everything out except the work I am doing. And when I've finished the WOD, lying on the ground, out of breath, lungs burning, fore arms tight...am I happy?





YOU BET I AM!






0 comments :