Athlete Profile – Julie Smith

Saturday, January 21, 2012 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

 


Tell us about yourself… I grew up in the Air Force, so the only place I’ve lived the longest is in Smithfield, married to Steve. I have 2 loud kids, that fill my days with noise, but I love it.
What’s your day job? I’m a stay at home Mom for 3 1/2 months now! Kids are still alive, so I must be doing something right. And I sell Tupperware too.

How where you introduced to CrossFit? Steve had been doing it in Logan, and when I heard Paul had opened one in Smithfield, I thought I would give it a try. We didn’t let Steve in on the secret for a month though!
What is your favorite WOD or Lift? I love Push Presses and have a secret love-hate relationship with burpees.
What is the favorite skill/movement that you have learned at CrossFit IoTA? I am almost in love with pull ups, but only because I can do them without a band. FINALLY!
How has CrossFit changed your life? I’ve never been this strong. I can blow a volleyball serve out the back now on the first try! That never happened when I was coaching or playing, at least not in the beginning of the season. It’s also nice to feel like I could kick somebody’s but if they tried messing with me. LOL
What keeps you motivated and coming back for more? Seeing the number go up on the weights, and down on the scale. Did I say scale? I mean the gravity calculator, not supposed to use a scale, not supposed to use a scale…
What’s something you know now that you wish someone would have said to you when you started CrossFit? Well, I’m pretty sure someone said it to me, but I can’t recall, but drinking more water and less pop will increase your energy and loosen your belt…huh, silly, don’t you think?
One word to describe me would be… My husband would say anal, but I would say, precise, in a demanding way.
I have always wanted… to go fly in a helicopter, and hang glide, but too afraid of heights to go through with the latter, will definitely get in a helicopter if the chance arises.
Outside of the gym, I like to… play volleyball, craft, play with my kids and leave the house messy (but too anal to do that very much), go on date with the hubby
Three things you would always find in my fridge… Eggs, milk, and apple juice (for the kids, obviously…)
Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me… I was conceived in the Philippines, but born in California. My oldest brother wouldn’t hold me for a month after I was born, because he thought I should have been a brown baby.
Favorite physical activity outside of CFI… Definitely volleyball, anyone want to form a team for the spring league?
Favorite place to eat in Cache Valley… Olive Garden
Songs that get me pumped for a workout… Nickelback, Bon Jovi, Nickelback, and Nickelback. Too many songs to name…and MOST of the stuff that Paul plays..did I mention Nickelback?
The last thing I ate was… Cashew Chicken lettuce cups….yum, yum!
My proudest accomplishment is… Double Unders and Pull ups, must mention the pull ups.
My six month goal is… 3 more inches off my waist, string the pull ups together, and a lot more weight on the bar, no matter what we are doing.
My favorite workout attire is… Workout T’s and long shorts, with rockin pink socks!
My favorite workout partner(s)… All of the girls in the “mommy” class @9:15. Thanks for taking me in!
If you created a WOD and named it after yourself what would the workout be?
“The Jules”
20 min amrap
25 situps with 30lb/20lb med ball
10 Burpees (gosh I hate those burpees!) :)
25 Double Unders

0 comments :