Emergency Kit

Thursday, December 29, 2011 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

It goes without saying that “life happens”. There will most likely be times when you are away from home, hungry, and you find yourself without anything clean to choose from.
Not a great place to be in, ask me I know.
So I now have an emergency kit that I keep in my truck. Since my truck and I are always together (I love my truck, he’s such a good boy!), I figured that was the best place to keep an emergency kit.
For others, it may be an office or a locker, or one kit in several places. It can be any size you like, and
M-A-N is it handy! It’s magic!
Here are some ideas for foods you can keep in your emergency kit:
  • Protein bars
  • Dry oats
  • Nuts
  • Dried fruits (no sugar added)
  • Popcorn (plain, hot air popped)
  • Seeds
  • 1 scoop of protein powder in a Ziploc baggie
If you don’t have a drawer to keep things in, simply put it in a small container. Stash it where you know you will always have access to it if you need it. THEN FORGET ABOUT IT!!
That last part is key. If you eat from it regularly, then there is always the chance that it won’t be fully stocked when you truly need it. Remember, this is an emergency kit. As in... a I’m-away-from-home-without-clean-food-and-I’m-starving kit.
And don’t forget to mark your calendar regularly to keep rotating the foods in your kit. No sense leaving them there for months and then having to throw them out. If you rotate them on a regular basis, you won’t ever have to worry about it.

Do you have an emergency kit? If so, what do you keep in it?

0 comments :