Dealing with injury

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 Stacey Baker 0 Comments

 

AAAAAAhhhhhhh I wrenched my back. Ok, I'm over it...well almost.  I suppose I am just going to have to make some adjustments. You have to adapt and overcome or else, you fail. I watched Nancy adapt to her injury a few weeks ago and I will do the same.
See! Crossfit is dangerous! Well, yes, it is, but let me tell you something. Life is dangerous! There are hazards everywhere and unless you never leave your sofa, you come in contact with danger. Crossfitters are just better equipped to deal with injuries and the situations that arise where possible injury can occur. We are more agile, flexible and balanced. Stronger and faster. We can remove ourselves from dangerous situations much more effectively. We also deal with the problems that arise more efficiently. Instead of being sidelined, we ask, What else can I train?
Since we are made of breakable material and injuries happen don't use it as an excuse to stop taking care of yourself. Use it as an opportunity to make the rest of you better.
You can't let pain and injury put a stop to forward progress doing more damage is a completely different story. Re-examine what you are doing see if there is a better way and forge ahead. Life's too short to be sidelined from your goals.  

0 comments :