NO more ""ifs" "ands" or "'buts".....

Monday, April 25, 2011 Stacey Baker 1 Comments

      Okay, it's time to commit....no "ifs", "ands" or ""buts".  I dont't want to hear it.  Either you're in or your out. You're sick of being fat, weak, tired,in pain, depressed, stressed out.....we all have fitness and nutrition goals that we need to work on.  Here's what I am asking from you.  Quit complaining and do something about it!  Nobody else can do it for you, and unless you commit to make a change in your life....nothing will change. You aren't getting any younger you know...so let's get to it!  SO stand up and say "Yes I can!"  Don't be scared.. .whats the worst thing that can happen...you fail?  Psh...Thomas Edison didn't get the light bulb right the first couple hundred times he tried.  Did he quit?  I don't think so!  There is no failing here....just learning.

Here' what I want you to do....

1.  Asssess where you are at
2.  Figure out what sucks
3.Form a plan to help it/you to not suck
4.COMMIT :0)





I'll go first...
1.  I am unhapppy with my cleans.  Thats my situation
2.  What sucks?  Well...I can't Rx 'Grace' even after 1 1/2 yrs Crossfit.  It sucks that I can't snatch the bar when the weight is more than 75#.  I have weak hammes and quads.
3. The plans...right... heres what I need to do:
    -work on my technique, make sure my form is correct.
    -practice the movements.
    -ask for assistance from  the coaches....and even others at the box who have it down, sometimes they can see maybe what I can't.
Okay...that's pretty broad... lets get more specific:
    -Do 5 to 10 reps at least 3 times per week after my WOD
    -Ask the coach to watch and critique my performance, maybe make suggestions and corrections in my technique.
    -work on deepening my range of motion on these movements.
    -Once I can comfortably do 5 to 10 reps, increase the weight slowly while still perfecting the technique.
4.   So now...all I have to do is COMMIT!  Yes it will hurt, and suck and will probably be discouraging at times...but new growth is always a little uncomfortable.  But I'm going to stick with it.  It's my life, I'm in charge and nobody is going to do it for me. 
So this is one one of my goals... my plan... and this is me commiting.  Hold me accountable guys!!  Thats the great thing about CrossFit....there's always someone to hold you accountablee.  We're in this together!

SO tell me what your goals are.  What do you hate or even better...what do you want to improve? Let me know!  I will do everything I can to help you.  And remember you can most definitely do it  if you will just commit.  It's all in your hands.  Isn't that a wonderful feeing to know that you have the power to make it happen?

1 comment :

  1. I love your posts! You got me all pumped up and ready to make new goals! There is so many things I want to work on the two main ones are double unders and pull ups! I am ordering Micah and I some jump ropes so we can practice these at home in between homework! :) Thanks for being inspiring and such a great Aunt! We love you!

    ReplyDelete